LOST AND FOUND....search my site.

Monday, May 4, 2009

My favorite quote.

"Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one's bath like a lump of sugar."
-Pablo Picasso
Spanish painter who co-founded Cubism (the other dude was..Georges Braque). He lived in Paris when Germany occupied the city and the Nazi's hated his work...GO FIGURE..ha. He was not allowed to show his work anywhere so he just sat in his studio and painted every day.
He died at his home in France entertaining friends and his final last words were:
“Drink to me, drink to my health, you know I can’t drink any more.”


Another Spanish artist I really adore: Salvador Dali
His work is bizarre and surreal and he loved getting any sort of attention. He was infamous for living in luxury and made more of an impact just showing up with his art work rather than displaying it.
Crazy Cat & Narcissistic Salvador Dali

I know you all enjoyed that freaking cat too.

No comments:

Post a Comment