LOST AND FOUND....search my site.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

KEY LARGO

I went to the Keys this past weekend because it's only two hours away. Well, Key Largo that is. Key West was 3 more hours away so I decided to stay in Key Largo. Plus, the awesome song by the Beach Boys, "Kokomo" states that Key Largo is one of the many tropical places you can get away from it all.
Key Largo at sunset!!
The key's rule because you can see the sunrise on the East and then at night walk over to the West and see the sunset.

I found some great places while I was there and some items too!!
The seahorse necklace was a really cool find at a local consignment shop. It was handcrafted for someone special in the keys, Sterling silver, & it's the only one on earth! I bought the necklace for 20 bucks and could not believe it. It was such a great deal and unique too! The same store had even more amazing things.....pucci bathing suits, prada sunglasses, tons of vintage clothing, jewelry,and furniture.
PINK JUNKTIQUE
Phone# 305-853-2620
98275 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, Florida 3303

Mr. C's Gourmet Italian was the best tasting ICE I have ever had. The flavors were tropical and very fresh. I went with the strawberry/mango and went back the next day for another!!
This is me as an average ice cream cone. I didn't try one of these waffle ice cream concoctions....have you ever seen this?

BEST BREAKFAST IN TOWN:
I kept passing the little diner below and every time I did I was more intrigued to find out what was inside. I found Real Olen Mills family pics hanging on the walls, family keepsakes, talkative locals, & breakfast smells all day long. They have been in business for 27 years sering locals and visitors delicious meals.
HARRIETTE'S
305-852-8689Some of the nicest ladies ever and they'll cook your bacon with love. I swear I could taste the love in my bacon! Wait.....is that Big Roger cooking?

No comments:

Post a Comment