LOST AND FOUND....search my site.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

MANATEES in my backyard.

Backyard!
I freaking love where I live in West Palm Beach. Currently my backyard is pure water. This is the view from my condo and the view changes every hour depending on the weather. I will post more backyard pics later....I just want you to scroll further down and see the MANATEES!
Most people have squirrels and raccoons sneak into their yards.....I have SNEAKY SEA COWS.

They are freaking adorable and I have learned so many fun facts about them. They can live in fresh water or salt water but they need fresh water to survive. You can see many Floridians feeding the Manatees with a garden hose from their docks...even though it's against the law.
There are around 3000 MANATEES left in the United States and I'm lucky to have 30 of them living in my backyard.
Watching them slurp the water is hilarious!

1 comment:

  1. I just interacted with my manatees for the 1st time last weekend, and I can't BELIEVE how friendly they are! One of my friends got into the water and was even riding around on their backs!

    ReplyDelete